Today was rough. Not only do my days feel like they are getting shorter, but my workload feels like it it piling up. On top of that, I hurt my foot somehow. Just walking down the street and then pain and now swelling and no shoes. But to end all of that with a plate of cheesy, veggie stuffed shells makes all the pain melt away. Or it would have, if I wasn’t answering work email while eating it.
Cheesy Veggie Stuffed Shells
This is a yummy adaption from a 5 Dollar Dinner. I’ve never called myself a cook but I have found a new love for making recipes my own.
- jumbo pasta shells
- extra virgin olive oil
- small onion
- green pepper
- red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh spinach
- chunky jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, halved
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Cook jumbo pasta shells according to package.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add sliced onion, green pepper, and red pepper. Cook until tender.
- Add spinach and garlic.
- Add sauce and sauce then mix well.
- Add in all three cheeses and melt into a cheesy sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the bottom of a baking dish
- Stuff shells with a teaspoon or so of the cheesy veggie mixture and place in dish with seal of shell facing down
- Cover with enough sauce to cover with a thin layer.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.